Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Master Bedroom Inspiration- Finally!

Alex and I have changed EVERY room and hallway in our house, except for our own room, isn't it weird?!? We have been in our house with an empty bedroom aside from the furniture since the day we moved in- blank walls, no window treatments, nothing that made it very 'us' or cozy. We both agreed that we wanted to get the common areas up to date first so that it would look nicer when we have company, and no one else would really be in our room, so we were okay to wait on it.

Now that it has been almost a year since we have tackled a big indoor project, I am getting a little anxious to do our room, but the problem always was what do we want OUR room to look like? We both wanted it to be special for us and an expression of us as a couple and our life, so what the heck should we do? We looked at lots of pictures of rooms, but nothing really jumped at us, until I found this:



FINALLY! INSPIRATION! We both saw it and said 'Yep' that's it! The color palette matches the flow to the rest of the house and it has a classic elegant feel, and not too masculine or feminine (which I thought was pretty hard to find common ground on when decorating a master bedroom) I know we will put our own spin on it to make it a little more 'Zidarevich' but I can't wait to get the walls painted and find (or make) the rest of the decor in the coordinating color scheme!

Oddly enough, I found my inspiration in the strangest place... Billy Joel's $12.9 million West Village townhouse that is listed for sale........ thankfully, I don't really think 'Billy Joel' when I look at this picture.... I hope I don't when we get the room together (HA).

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I did a recent post on my blog and linked you to it. I hope you have a chance to check it out, sometime! http://www.renounednest.com/2011/04/princess-kate-prince-williams-clarence.html
    Cheers! Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?