Friday, September 23, 2011

Head Over Heels Friday: Autumn Inspiration


Fall is officially here! 
I realized it is time to get my rear in gear and get my house decorated for the season.  Last year was the first time I got into decorating the house for fall (those posts here and here). It was pretty minimal, but I loved it!  It made our home feel so warm and cozy inside.  I can't wait to get our house decorated once again!  To get me in the fall spirit I put together some of the decorating ideas that I am Head Over Heels for.  Bring on the colored leaves, corn husks, lanterns, hardy mums, pumpkins, and pumpkin candles!!! I'm so ready for everything fall!

Before I head out shopping, I'm thinking I should dig through the basement and find some of the items I used last fall. Hopefully I can save some money and find new ways to use what we already have. I definitely plan on decorating the sideboard in our dining room, the fireplace (and mantel), our front door/ porch, and of course the dining room table with a fall themed centerpiece.


Are you Head Over Heels for fall decor as well?

What is your favorite part about fall decor?

If you have other ideas or suggestions for places/ rooms that you decorate in your house (in addition to the ones I listed above) I'd love to know!  I'm always looking for new spots in our house to cram in some seasonal decor!

Have a great weekend everybody!

1 comment:

  1. My hubby gathered the "traditional" corn stocks at the hunting property. I would arrange them in clusters along the front porch railing. The kids loved the grand entrance effect with it's touch of country in the city! We are in the process of laying down plank flooring, so I only have one burlap pumpkin on display. The spiced candles are setting the mood at night! Have fun! Happy Fall, Carla!
    ~Lynne
    [w/L]

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?