Saturday, November 9, 2013

An "X-Rated" Shower Scene...

No. Not that Kind. I'm talking about what's going on behind the curtain in our main bathroom. It's not terrible back there but, it sure is overdue for a Mr. H&HH overhaul and with the Misses away for a bit longer, there's no better time to tackle this project!

Now then, I really don't want to show the "before" images from behind the curtain until there is an after to pair it with. For now, just know that we have a shallow off-white bathtub that makes it nearly impossible for an adult to enjoy a bath and the tub surround is outdated and doesn't match the rest of our bathroom since my last re-do.


My plan is to remove our old bathtub, surrounds and faucet/showerhead and then replace them with a deeper soaking tub, tiled walls, and nice new fixtures.

I'm really liking the idea of using a white subway tile with dark grout like the design I found below - This is a great little bathroom re-do story!


From: Design Manifest

I am a bit behind the eight ball on this one though and I really hope I can pull it off before Carla comes home later next week. Like most of my "I'm alone at home projects" I imagine there will be some late nights and the staff at the local Starbuck's will get to know me on a more personal level...

There are a couple of issues that I'm facing though and the biggest one is that due to the short notice, it's proving difficult to find the bathtub that I really want - something deep but not too big for our little bathroom. Well, with any luck one of my leads will pan out tomorrow...I REALLY hope, because I intend to do some demolition tonight!

The next post you see, should include some action shots and DIY madness!

Wish Me Luck!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Alex, you're a good partner, good luck! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Alex! At least demo is the fun part :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?